📣Update on urgent dental care during CVD crisis.
🦷 Most dental practices in North Somerset are now closed and all non-urgent dental activity has been stopped to support social distancing.
15 hub surgeries have been set up across the South West to provide urgent and emergency dental care, while maintaining all needed public health precautions.
Patients requiring urgent dental care will need a referral, to ensure they are properly triaged and directed to the right hub.
🚨If you need *urgent* dental care:
– If you are registered with a dental practice, call your practice for triaging and referral.
– If you are not registered with a specific practice and live in North Somerset, call 111.
Read the latest update from the Blagdon Community Link: https://mailchi.mp/99482298b31f/update-4?fbclid=IwAR1Vfx-fTDnq50RsZ62op4JTH-L0btTi4dz3s-1Tw0Ik0DhwRa5LUH_NWro
COVID-19 is an illness which can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a coronavirus. There are confirmed cases across the UK and it has been confirmed as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation – that means it’s spreading in multiple countries at the same time.
- Getting Help: The links below provide further information on getting help if you require it.
- North Somerset ‘Help Hub’
- North Somerset ‘Request Help’ OR call the North Somerset helpline number on 01934 427437
- If you are have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to COVID-19, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable to register for support.
- If your mental health difficulties are limiting your personal independence, you can request help from North Somerset Wellbeing Service via a form, which can be downloaded here.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: It is undoubtedly an overwhelming, uncertain time for all of us – and taking care of your physical and mental health is important. The links below can help you foster wellbeing from home.
- Bristol Wellbeing College – online ‘Maintaining Wellness’ sessions and advice https://www.second-step.co.uk/bristol-wellbeing-college/
- Mental health advice from GOV.UK https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-advice-to-support-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak?utm_source=6030a355-bc47-42d5-acc5-8499a6f38573&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=daily
- Joe Wicks (‘The Body Coach’) uploads daily virtual P.E. lessons on Youtube. A great way to get you (and the kids) moving at home! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Key Updates:
- Government: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- North Somerset Council: https://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/coronavirus
- NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Coronavirus Dashboard, PHE: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14
- Council Service Updates [Last updated April 9th]:http://www.nsomersetlibdems.org.uk/council_service_update_9_april_20
- Help for Households:
- Government and North Somerset Council: https://westoncentral.mycouncillor.org.uk/2020/04/01/coronavirus-help-for-households/#page-content
- Coronavirus Scams: https://westoncentral.mycouncillor.org.uk/2020/03/19/beware-coronavirus-scams/#page-content
- Citizens Advice Bureau: http://www.nscab.org.uk/coronavirus/
- Help for Households:
- Support for Businesses:
- Councillor Updates:
UPDATE ON OUR SERVICES – EASTER WEEKEND
A round up on the latest news from us:
Stay at home and keep your distance.
Please please stay at home this weekend and remember to keep your distance when exercising. Cyclists are asked to give pedestrians and dog walkers lots of room. People should only be exercising from home, not driving to exercise. Exercising doesn’t include picnics or sunbathing!
Be a good neighbour.
Please be considerate to those living around you. Playing loud music might be relaxing for you but your neighbours won’t agree. Please keep noise levels down.Spending time in the garden is also great but please don’t light bonfires as this could be stressful to people experiencing breathing difficulties.
Childcare support. If you are a critical key worker (likely to be NHS) and need emergency childcare support over the four day weekend please contact the council’s Early Years team on 07920 082 811. Thank you for all you are doing.
Support for local businesses. The Government has made £40.3m available to the council for grants to support businesses. We are working throughout the weekend to process grant applications. So far we have paid money to 163 businesses.
s Roadworks. Urgent roadworks are continuing during the coronavirus pandemic.
Public rights of way. The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) have issued guidance for landowners and people using public rights of way for exercise. See our news story for more information at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/news
PPE update. We’ve opened up storage at our Castlewood offices in Clevedon to enable Sirona healthcare to store PPE. Sirona provide community health care services for adults and children.
Starting 2020 with a meeting of the North Somerset Council Strategic Planning, Development and Regeneration scrutiny panel.
Good debate on how to replace the unlamented JSP and to improve parking across North Somerset.
Was also good to have an update on how well officers have taken on board comments from the public around the town centre/Alexandra Parade plans.
Of particular interest was an update on development of land owned by NS and Homes England.
As it’s owned by the Council, the NS land has lots of potential for delivering a high level of affordable housing with exciting design and environmental performance.
It’s a shame that the Homes England sites in the centre of town are lagging behind – we need to keep up the pressure so that they deliver!
🚨 This is your chance to have a say on North Somerset Council’s Budget!
The draft budget has been prepared to support our new Council’s objectives for an open, fair and greener North Somerset.
Provide your views via this link:http://consult.n-somerset.gov.uk/…/planand…/consultationHome
As well as addressing the climate emergency, the draft budget seeks to:
⚖️ Change the council tax support scheme for residents on the lowest incomes to reduce the minimum contribution payable by up to three per cent.
🤱🏽 Recruit more local foster carers to look after the area’s vulnerable children
👥 Retain existing carers and incentivise new ones through our support packages
👮🏼♂️ Increased investment in early intervention and prevention services for children
🚦Changes to make parking fairer across North Somerset
👨🎤 Investment in cultural development
🏚 A programme to bring empty retail units back into use
🌱 Changes to the garden waste service.
The Executive will be debating the draft budget in January, before being scrutinised by Full Council in February.
Agree with the proposals? Want to see something done differently? Then make sure to make your voice heard by contributing to the consultation!
After the weeks of campaigning, talking to voters, doing hustings, and walking almost every street in the constituency, polling day is here!
I am proud to have put my head above the parapet, to take a stand for my values and beliefs.
I will not be bullied into “giving way” by the two old parties who are afraid of allowing new voices into their old fashioned system.
I am here to demand a brighter, better future for our country. One that sees us as the heart of Europe, that has a strong economy that allows us to invest in tackling the climate emergency and to invest in our public services.
I want a county where the rights of *everyone* are protected. Where individual freedom is cherished and the power of endeavour is realised, and the authority of the state is kept in check.
So today, get out and vote for a Brighter Future. Vote LibDem. A better future is possible if we are brave enough to vote for it.
Check out my plan for Weston in my new leaflet. Click the image below to download a copy.